Sunday, October 4, 2009

It happens every year.

My craftiness falls apart during the summer. It's not until the cool days reappear that I feel like crafting again.

We had a nice summer, weather-wise. My container garden did OK. I did end up with tons of cherry tomatoes. Next year I'll probably plant more of the normal size variety. We had lettuce for quite some time but it bolted early, as we had a TON of hot weather in July. My zucchini was awful. I figured out it needed to be hand pollinated after I researched the problem a little. I did get a few that survived after that but only one big one. One of my cucumber plants died of wilt. Just one day, it was dead, it was so weird. The other one survived long enough to produce about 10 cukes. They made very yummy cucumber salad. Then it started getting very cold at night and it slowly wilted too. *sigh* Next year I'll have a garden plot so hopefully things will be better in the actual ground!

Right now I'm working on a coat for Ryleigh, my 2 year old. I don't like big fluffy winter coats because they can interfere with her car seat seatbelts. Normally I just put on a one piece fleece suit. This year I also wanted a warm fleece coat but they are hard to find. The ones with good fleece anyway. So I'm going to make one. McCall's M5743. It's all cut out, I'm just trying to figure out the embellishments I want before I start sewing. I want it to be Euro-ish.

And my 2 older girls have started taking sewing lessons. So far so good. :) Maybe I'll have to showcase their stuff too. So hopefully there will be lots of pictures to come this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment