Sunday, June 14, 2009

The lettuce is exploding.

Really, there is no other way to put it.(For reference, it's easily twice as big as the last pics of it in my last garden picture post.) I bought some romaine at the store to make some salad for tonight, and though I'd 'supplement' with some of our lettuce from our container garden. I clipped off a few of the lower leaves. Didn't make much of a dent in the lettuce heads. But after I washed and ripped it into the bowl, it filled half of a huge popcorn bowl. Wow! At this rate, I'm hoping we can have 1-2 salads a week from our lettuce! The spinach is also suddenly huge. We have been having hot weather, finally, so that's probably why. Although nothing else is growing quite so fast, not even the radishes!

Today I dressed Ryleigh, my 2 year old, in a cute little top I crocheted for her. I meant to get pictures to post on here, but wouldn't you know it, before I could she got all wet from our little blow-up pool. She wasn't in it, but was leaning on the side to fill up a little container, that she then proceeded to water plants with. LOL, she's been watching me I guess. My little gardener.

No comments:

Post a Comment