Saturday, May 9, 2009

Spur of the moment crafting.

Last night I was watching TV. I'm the type of person who cannot stand having idle hands, and need to have something to do while I'm doing something. Yeah, I realize that doesn't make much sense. Basically, if I'm doing something with my hands, I must have mental stimulation and if I'm doing something mentally stimulating, my hands need do be doing something. Which is why I love the computer so much. Typing keeps my hands busy and reading keeps my brain busy.

Okay, probably TMI for a craft blog....

anyhoo....

Here's the product of my tv watching last night:

Bling bling! Making beaded barrettes is a lot of fun, and so easy and they are so pretty and sparkly at the end. Pictures never do them justice. There really is no way to photograph the sparkle (unless you have a cool filter, or you add fake stars in photoshop).

This first one was made to match Gymboree's Pretty Lady line:

I made it with 4 colors of Swarovski crystals. I like that it also matches a few other outfits the girls have.

This next one is for Jungle Gem. This was my first time doing this araingement of alternating cat's eye beads and Swarovski crystals. It looks really neat.



I did the same thing for this one:


Except instead of using all different colors, I used matching crystals and beads. I made it to match the old Sunflower Fields line that my 2 yo has inherited. She, like her older sister before her, doesn't care for the matching headband. This will be easier to keep in on her.
One thing I like so much about these is that my older girls will wear them. When I make bows, it's for the younger 2 girls. But with these barrettes, all my girls can wear them, which makes me happy. Look for more posts about these in the near future if my crystal stash holds out.

No comments:

Post a Comment